Hi Sascha,

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 09:40:48AM +0000, Sascha Steinbiss wrote:
> On 15/12/2014 11:30, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Well, this is a misunderstanding.  The QA tools are running on testing
> > and unstable and I would wait a bit to be sure that several runs will
> > not show anything problematic.  If this is the case we could think about
> > "violating" freeze policy and upload to unstable.
>
> It seems there is a misunderstanding... if the QA tools only run on
> testing and unstable, how will this tell me if my package update in
> experimental is safe to upload to unstable?

We need to make sure that the *release* has no bugs.  If you later
upload to unstable and a bug occures you can fix the bug in unstable as
usual.  But if you have upload to unstable an later a bug in testing is
detected you run into trouble fixing this problem via unstable since
there is just a higher version.

If something remains unclear we can discuss this on the sprint.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de