On Fri Feb 13 2015 at 12:55:49 AM Andreas Tille <andr...@an3as.eu> wrote:

> [Reply to list only]

We are oppositely calibrated :-D I prefer to be CC'd even when I am a
subscriber and you don't.

> > > Same as above.  It would be nice to have (even nicer than hardening)
> > > there are cases where it is hard to write a sensible manpage.
> >
> > I've produced one with help2man.
>
> That's usually the cheapest way and fine for the most cases.
> Unfortunately it did not worked in this case - I commited a manually
> edited manpage based on yours.  The result at least fits nroff syntax.
> :-)

Thanks!

> > >  * trinity-plugins/Trimmomatic-0.32: Binary without source!
> > >    Trimmomatic is packaged in this version anyway - so this should
> > >    be simply dropped via Files-Excluded
> > >

> > Done
>
> OK - but the dir remains in the Git repository.  You should import
> a cleaned up archive.  You can get this by
>
>     debian/rules get-orig-source
>
> ... or if you want to save your bandwidth via
>
>     mk-origtargz --repack --compress xz <path_to_original_download_source>

Yeah, I had tried that; I get this head-scratching response:

mcrusoe@athyra:~/debian/trinityrnaseq$ mk-origtargz --repack --compress xz
../v2.0.3.tar.gz
tar: trinityrnaseq-2.0.3/Butterfly/src/lib/jung-graph-impl-2.0.1.jar: Not
found in archive
tar: trinityrnaseq-2.0.3/Butterfly/src/lib/jung-api-2.0.1.jar: Not found in
archive
tar: trinityrnaseq-2.0.3/Butterfly/src/lib/jung-algorithms-2.0.1.jar: Not
found in archive
tar: trinityrnaseq-2.0.3/Butterfly/src/lib/java-getopt-1.0.13.jar: Not
found in archive
tar: trinityrnaseq-2.0.3/Butterfly/src/lib/collections-generic-4.01.jar:
Not found in archive
tar: trinityrnaseq-2.0.3/Butterfly/src/lib/Jaligner.jar: Not found in
archive
tar: trinityrnaseq-2.0.3/Butterfly/prev_vers/Butterfly_r2013_08_14.jar: Not
found in archive
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

(I checked and they do exist)

> > >  * trinity-plugins/fstrozzi-Fastool-7c3e034f05: While mentioned
> > >    properly in d/copyright I'd at least refer to the download
> > >    location
> > >      https://github.com/fstrozzi/Fastool
> > >    in a Comment: field.  I'd regard it as the better solution to
> > >    create a separate package since it might be considered useful
> > >    for people not only using it via trinityrnaseq
> >
> > I've added the comment. As for packaging it separately I'll leave this to
> > some other motivated individual to do so. There are a lot of
> bioinformatics
> > libraries that are functionally single use.
>
> May be I'll care for this in some MoM project.  Usually these small
> tools are easy targets and than it should be done also for the sake of
> separate testing.

Have fun!

> > >  * trinity-plugins/parafly/src/ParaFly.cpp:
> > >     Authors of this wrapper are MB Couger (mbcouger(AT Symbol)
> gmail.com,
> > > Matt Stowe mstowe(AT Symbol)okstate.edu
> > >    This should at least deserve an extra d/copyright line and you
> > >    should also dig for the original download location.  I can
> > >    not evaluate the sense of a separate package.
> > >

> > Nothing coming up. Probably Broad Foundation employees / interns. I think
> > they are covered by the existing entry.
>
> Finally it does not matter what you think but what you can convince
> ftpmaster to accept. ;-)

Indeed, but it'll get properly packaged with transdecoder. Lacking an
upstream distribution site makes a pretty clear case for not having its own
package.