Hi Kevin,

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 09:00:06PM +1000, Kevin Murray wrote:
> > thanks for commiting scythe to Git.  Could you please commit also a
> > pristine-tar branch?  Feel free to ask for details if you have no
> > idea what I'm talking about.
>
> I've contacted upstream (Vince Buffalo) about tagging a release and pushing
> the
> tag to GitHub. My understanding is that this is a prerequisite of making a
> pristine-tar branch. As i understand it, I then add the contents of that
> tarball to an entirely new branch? Or can I simply point the branch
> 'pristine-tar' at the exact commit of the tag and hence tarball (having
> imported the git tree into the Debian repository)? I'm still a little confused
> about the process, given that the upstream source is in the form of a git
> repository.

To build a Debian package you need a *.orig.tar.gz.  *That* is what you
should import as pristine-tar.  It would be great if you can get this
from upstream.  If not please provide a get-orig-source target to create
such a tarball and import it as pristine-tar.

Hope this helps

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de