Hi, Andreas,

On السبت 11 تـمـوز 2015 02:11, Andreas Tille wrote:

On الجمعـة 10 تـمـوز 2015 08:22, Andreas Tille wrote:
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pretty cool - I was not aware that xterm can display this, at least
I notice it the first time. :-)

:)

However, what I'm doing to run the autopkg test - which I would call the
wimp method - is just

     cd debian/tests
     sh run-nose-tests

This runs the test on the local machine and not in a chroot - so it might
run successfully but fail in a chroot.  But if this runs its a good sign.
Unfortunately I get:

$ sh run-nose-tests
In file included from /tmp/python-pysam-test.YwEQqG/_compile_test.c:243:0:
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pysam/htslib_util.h:12:1: warning: function
declaration isn’t a prototype [-Wstrict-prototypes]
  int hts_get_verbosity();
  ^
E.
ERROR: testCount (compile_test.BAMTest)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/tmp/python-pysam-test.YwEQqG/compile_test.py", line 32, in testCount
     pysam.Samfile(self.input_filename))
   File "pysam/calignmentfile.pyx", line 311, in
pysam.calignmentfile.AlignmentFile.__cinit__ (pysam/calignmentfile.c:4943)
   File "pysam/calignmentfile.pyx", line 353, in
pysam.calignmentfile.AlignmentFile._open (pysam/calignmentfile.c:5660)
   File "pysam/calignmentfile.pyx", line 480, in
pysam.calignmentfile.AlignmentFile._open (pysam/calignmentfile.c:6923)
IOError: file `pysam_data/ex1.bam` not found

Ran 2 tests in 0.727s

FAILED (errors=1)

So I just noticed a python-pysam-tests.README.Debian. These are apparently not autopkgtests. As written, these are tests intended for the user to run after the python-pysam-tests package is installed.

The pysam_data folder is indeed created by that package (in /usr/share/doc/python-pysam-tests/) and does hold the data, but I think this is not at all the correct way to proceed for many many reasons. So I will revamp the test packaging and report back.

However, maybe you can go ahead and upload to unstable to try to prevent autoremoval from testing--- the known issue here is not with the actual package (at least the main packages); just the arrangement of the test suite code. If I finish before hearing back from you, I will include it in the current unreleased revision.

So somehow we can reproduce a problem quite simple (same with python3).

Thanks for shedding light on this. I always try to avoid ad-hoc methods like that to avoid cluttering my system, but it helps in this case.

Regards
Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui | عفيف الغراوي