Hi Michael,

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 08:40:19AM +0200, Michael Crusoe wrote:
> Any volunteers?
>
> https://github.com/danielhuson/megan-ce/

I had a *quick* look into the jars inside the Git repository.  I hope
that we can replace colt.jar by our free-colt.  There is also MALT.jar.
This is the Megan ALignment Tool[1] which according to its manual is GPL
but I was not able to find the source.  May be we should start with this
for the packaging work since it seems to make sense out of itself and is
needed as a precondition anyway.

So the task possibly starts by making contact to "Daniel H. Huson"
(author of MALT manual) to publish the source code.

Any volunteer?

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] http://ab.inf.uni-tuebingen.de/data/software/malt/download/welcome.html