Hello Andreas,

I have started to work on writing tests for *ncbi-tools6*, which is the
source for multiple binary packages. Some of them contain shared libraries,
others are with data files and only two contain executables (
*ncbi-tools-bin* and *ncbi-**tools-x11*). Is there a way to test graphical
applications in *ncbi-tools-x11? *Should I ignore non-executable binary
packages?

Meanwhile, I have pushed my first efforts to check some of the
functionality inside *ncbi-tools-**bin *(commit
<https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/ncbi-tools6/commit/f3a5fe13a410a0b42cf4bbe4e128735e3c7e0348>).
At the moment, the commands in the test run one by one and the test exits
on the first fail. I thought it would be better if the test gathers exit
statuses of each command and returns only global exit status instead and
maybe some summary of which commands fail? I could implement this idea if
you don't think it is too much.

I haven't changed the copyright yet because I am likely to add more
additional test files later. However, I always doubt that I don't see
something else that I need to pay attention to. I'll be happy to receive
any recommendations from you!

Thank you,
Liubov