Hi Andreas,

On Fri, 25 May 2018 at 13:03 Andreas Tille <andr...@an3as.eu> wrote:

>   1. Exclude those test that are failing (it is only a small number)
>      for the architectures where the test fails).  Please do not hesitate
>      to ask here if you are lacking ideas how to do this.  May be the
>      python-cogent package can serve as an exemple.  Its probably
>      sufficient to do something like this:
>
>       override_dh_auto_test:
>         ifeq ($(BUILDARCH),...)
>           mkdir tempdir
>           mv test/... tempdir
>         endif
>           dh_auto_test --sourcedirectory=test
>           dh clean --sourcedirectory=test
>         ifeq ($(BUILDARCH),...)
>           move back files to restore original source state
>           rmdir tempdir
>         endif

Thank you for the examples! Yesterday I pushed a fix but then I realized
that I missed one more test that fails on big-endian. Also, I have noticed
that test/p3test.pl always exits with 0 — pushed a patch to fix this.
Please, have a look at the commits! I have also added d/README.source that
explains why some tests are skipped on big-endian.

Then I tried to fix autopkgtest's failures. run-unit-test runs the same
tests as during the building process, so they pose similar problems for
big-endian. What would you offer to do with them?

>   2. Since you have saved time to work out proper tests on rarely
>      used architectures you have time to package
>        https://github.com/bioinfo-ut/GenomeTester4
>
> While the later is half joking this could be quite useful.  You would
> have need the tool for your original plan - may be for other things as
> well and you could learn packaging.

I am not sure that I could get through packaging process at the moment. I
would prefer to put this package on my list of cases so that I could return
to it when I feel more confidently. :-)

With regards,
Liubov