Hello,

On October 11, 2018 8:06:26 AM EDT, Andreas Tille <andr...@an3as.eu> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>package unanimity[1] now builds and creates the binary package
>python-consensuscore2 which in turn is needed to build the latest
>version of pbgenomicconsensus[2].  I realised that both packages are
>installing a tool /usr/bin/arrow (shame on upstream for this generic
>name ;-)).  In pbgenomicconsensus its a simple script
>
>#!/bin/sh
>variantCaller --algorithm=arrow $*
>
>while unanimity installs a compiled binary.  @Afif (or whoever is
>informed about this PB programs):  Do you have a sensible suggestion
>which arrow we should install?

At one point, I had read that unanimity was eventually going to supersede
pbgenomicconsensus altogether. Looking at the source tree [3], it looks like
genomicconsensus in unanimity is still marked experimental, so I would stick
with pbgenomicconsensus' implementation.

As for the name, "arrow" succeeds "quiver", so there's a little theme going on.
And quiver had some meaning as a Quality Value-aware variant caller.

regards
Afif

[3] https://github.com/PacificBiosciences/unanimity/tree/develop/src