Hi Pierre,

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 11:11:09PM +0200, Pierre Gruet wrote:
> This is done, I have pushed the changes to Salsa. The candidate upload
> would:
> - close bug 959955 by renaming the .so (we discussed it some days ago);
> - provide a *new binary package*, which I called h5ar. It contains the
> wrapper script /usr/bin/h5ar and the jar that it wraps. The build of
> this jar is done using jh_build as it is not handled by the gradle call
> of upstream. I put the wrapper and its jar in a new package in order to
> comply with Debian Java policy [0], which makes a clear distinction
> between programs and libraries;
> - provide a test for this h5ar package in the testsuite;
> - provide hardening while building this .so;
> - provide tests of the testsuite as package examples.

Thanks a lot for your very sensible changes.

> Thanks in advance for your time and possible future advice on this
> packaging (in particular in case you would recommend another name for
> the new package h5ar),

I think the name is fine and I've uploaded the package to new (due to
the new binary package).

Thanks a lot for your work.  As I said we have more Java packaging tasks
and you are kindly invited to help on these. :-)

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de