Am Samstag, 12. Dezember 2020, 06:59:26 CET schrieb Sonali Warunjikar:
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 07:22:21PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> >     http://vusb-analyzer.sourceforge.net/
>
> Due to pygtk requirement not being met on my ubuntu 20.04 above doesn't
> work. Yes there are quirks to get it to work. But for now I am comfortable
> looking at usbmon also and do some experiments. If they don't work I'll
> get into the quirks.
>
> Thanks for all the pointers.

Found a presentation that says it is Twain compatible and works with third party
applications

https://de.slideshare.net/smokeypike/the-rvg-5200-from-carestream-dental-digital[1]

Does it use a twain driver on Windows ?

Here is a pointer to USB capture and replay.

https://github.com/JohnDMcMaster/usbrply[2]

It has some pointers on how to get you going.

Sample workflow for capturing Windows traffic and replaying traffic in Python:
     *  Install Wireshark. Make sure you install the USBPcap library
     *  Start Wireshark
     *  Connect USB device to computer
     *  Start catpure
     *  Start your application, do your thing, etc to generate packets
     *  Close application
     *  Stop capture
     *  Save capture. Save in pcap-ng format (either should work)
     *  Close Wireshark
     *  Run: "usbrply --device-hi -p my.pcapng >replay.py"
     *  Linux: run "python replay.py"
     *  Verify expected device behavior. Did an LED blink? Did you get expected
data back?
Now, that sounds interesting.

--------
[1]