Étienne Mollier wrote:
> I noticed current bedtools 2.29.2+dfsg-5 fails to migrate to
> testing, so I pushed a fix[1].

The problem being that the bedtools-test package's symlink to the htsutil
executable located in the bedtools package is not adequately copied when the
test files are copied to /tmp, so needs to be fixed up in the run-unit-test
script.

This is kind of ridiculous: htsutil would be better off in the bedtools-test
package, and if it was a real non-symlink file there it would be copied to
$AUTOPKGTEST_TMP just fine. Is there a real technical reason why the
bedtools-test package should be noarch? This executable would be much more
naturally in the bedtools-test package rather than cluttering up the main
bedtools package when it is of no interest to users, and then all this hackery
would be avoided.

(I have prepared an upstream patch to make the test suite use htsutil via an
environment variable that you could override similarly to $BT, but really
there's no particular need to do that so I would ideally prefer not to apply
it. But if doing so would help you not push an unwanted
/usr/lib/bedtools/test/htsutil directory and executable onto users' machines, I
could be convinced to do so!)

    John