Hi Nilesh,

On 3/10/21 10:14 PM, Nilesh Patra wrote:
Hi,

There are some packages that have been removed from the archive, but
their repositories still reside on the med-team salsa namespace.

It might be helpful to preserve such repositories in case someone
in future might want to re-introduce them, but at the same time probably
keeping it at s.d.o/med-team/<pkg> isn't the best thing to do.

I propose moving it to a subspace on the salsa med team namespace,
something like: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/attic

It remind me a lot to CVS and I don't like it personally but I think this is best way to separate deprecated and active package like you suggest

As an example, the ruby-team does something similar:
https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/attic

Thoughts?

On Fedora, they replace all file on master (rawhide) branch with "dead file" but the previous source code are still available on previous branch (fedora released version). For example[1].

Moving https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/pkg to https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/attic/pkg will keep something such as issue tracking, PR, wiki too? If possible to keep everything, it would be better too.

[1] https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/weka/tree/rawhide

--
Email : Robbi Nespu <robbinespu AT SPAMFREE gmail DOT com>
PGP fingerprint : D311 B5FF EEE6 0BE8 9C91 FA9E 0C81 FA30 3B3A 80BA