Hi Andrius,

Thanks for looking at my issue.

Le 14/03/2022 à 06:03, Andrius Merkys a écrit :
Hi Pierre,

On 2022-03-13 16:35, Pierre Gruet wrote:
My proposal would be to design a multiple upstream tarball for
gatk-bwamem-jni: original one + the sources at the tip of the Apache2
branch of bwa. It would build a libbwa.a lib which would not be
installed in /usr/lib, but in a private directory of gatk-bwamem-jni.

Quick question. AFAIU, libbwa.a would be statically linked to
gatk-bwamem-jni binaries. So would there still be a need to install
libbwa.a anywhere?

Yes this is totally right, my mistake. In fact there would be no (alternative) libbwa.a to install, the link to the JNI shared library would indeed be static.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Best,
Andrius

Best,