Hi Nilesh,

Am Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 06:23:58PM +0530 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
> > In case you are bored to be specified as Uploader
>
> I am partly bored because I have so many packages under my name and I have
> personal
> interest in only a few.

Perfectly understandable.

> But I also strongly belive in removing software that no-one is using. I agree
> that our packages usually have low popcon values, but if some package is
> _never_
> gonna be used,

How can we know?  I simply trusted Steffens insight he has put into the
spreadsheet[2] and have put Steffen in CC to confirm.  In case he agrees
that pinfish is not needed any more we should mention this in this sheet
and remove the package accordingly.  So my main motivation for my mail
was to ping Steffen for clarification.

> and is abandoned upstream, I think it is an absolute waste of
> my time to keep maintaining it. Frankly, I'd do something else.

This is not the first package abandoned upstream - we have even packages
where you can find the source only in webarchive (and for sure
debian.org).

> The purpose of this mail is not to only push myself out of equation, but to
> also
> rm something that isn't useful for anyone in debian as such.

I perfectly understand this.  However, I think packages in [2]
are useful for some purpose.

> > I'd volunteer to exchange our names and upload.
>
> This is a go package and you have told me several times that you aren't the
> best
> person to work on golang-related tasks, most recently on -hpc list[3]

That's correct.  But we have packages in haskell (phybin) and D
where I'm even worse.

> So if going forward a bug is reported against pinfish, you'd probably have to
> spend
> more time on it that you'd like.

I'd prefer to wait with removal until we have the situation of such a
bug that might cause real trouble.

> So I don't think just exchanging names is a very optimal thing to do here.
>
> If I don't hear from Steffen, or no-one raises an objection in the next three
> weeks, I'll
> proceed to file an RM bug.

Steffen???

Kind regards