At 05:56 PM 08/02/2000 +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
>I've said that in a reply :

>Sorry, but use *Debian* package not *Helix* package.
>
>If can't accept bug against a non Debian package.
>
>Install the Debian package and remake the bug report if this bug is
>still here.
>
>I think is a reasonable answer ?

Yes, this answer is better than the first answer you gave.
I'd add "I'll leave this bug open for now, and I'll forward it onto the
Helix BTS"

As I said in private email to you, this isn't entirely your fault.
Wichert set a bad (IMHO) example for you, in bug #64829

http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/64/64829.html

He wrote in reply to a bug:

Previously [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 > I'm using debian woody,
 > gnome 1.2 helix

Please submit the bugreport to the helixcode bugtracking system
instead then.

Wichert.

He _did_ leave the bug open, which you closed.  Reading that reply, I can
see where you might feel saying "not my problem" is ok, but really, it's
not ok to just close the bug and ignore it.

Sorry if my previous reply reads like a flame, that wasn't my intention.
I've been reading the back and forth you've had with others over the BTS so
far, unhappily.  Maybe new maintainers need a good lesson in the use of the
BTS system as part of the process of joining?

Seth

Seth