Ok, thanks to the help of some, I've configured a lot of the debian
package for RCf, but when I install (after running dpkg-buildpackage
and lintian), I get a whole lot of errors:

root@debian:~/rcf-5.0.1# lintian -i rcf_5.0.1-1_i386.changes
warning: lintian's authors do not recommend running it with root privileges!
root@debian:~/rcf-5.0.1# dpkg -i rcf_5.0.1-1_i386.deb
(Reading database ... 47288 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace rcf 5.0.1-1 (using rcf_5.0.1-1_i386.deb) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/rcf.prerm: /etc/init.d/firewall: No such file or directory
dpkg: warning - old pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/prerm: /etc/init.d/firewall: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing rcf_5.0.1-1_i386.deb (--install):
  subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
update-rc.d: /etc/init.d/firewall: file does not exist
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
  rcf_5.0.1-1_i386.deb

---

however, I am pretty sure that I've configured it properly!!!

If I use mc to browse through the .deb package, and then into the
contents, I can see a file called "firewall" in etc/init.d , which is
correct, but when I try and install, I get errors!

any ideas?

thankyou...!