Thus spoke Sergio Talens-Oliag <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 2001-07-03 11:02:12:
> Hello all,
>
>   I submitted a package that included a Closes in the Changelog, but the
>   package was rejected (it was built with dpkg-dev 1.9.14).
>
>   I have uploaded a new version built with dpkg-dev 1.9.15 and it is now
>   installed, but the bug closed in the rejected version has been ignored.
>
>   My questions are:
>
>   * Should I close the bug manually?

Yes. Mailing the .changes file to ###[EMAIL PROTECTED] is a good choice

>   * Is this the right behaviour or should the installer inspect all the
>     changelog entries between the previous archive package and the
>   last one?

The installer should only check the last one, imho

>   * If this happens to me again, shoud I move all the 'Close' tags on the
>     REJECTED package to the last version?

I saw something like this in some packages:

  * Fixed in previous upload: Closes #xxx, #yyy, #zzz

That made sense to me

Cheers,
--
Gergely Nagy \ mhp/|8]