On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Mike Schacht wrote:

> Is this list the proper place to look, or is some other official list more
> appropriate and I should put on my hat and coat, pick up my things and
> go stand in line?

The place to find sponsors is basically here - you post with a subject of
something like "Looking for a sponsor for <package> - <short description>
and someone who's interested will contact you privately.

A sponsor (AFAIR) has no bearing on the NM process, but you do need an
advocate - a Debian Developer who will say "I think this person would make a
good DD".  If you have sponsored packages, typically your sponsor will
naturally fall in as your advocate, though there's no requirement I am aware
of.

Note that when you post here asking for sponsorship, you might not get any
piqued to want to invest the time.  What you might want to do is find DDs
with similar packages and ask them *very* nicely if they'd mind sponsoring
this small, easy package while you go through NM.  You'll want to make sure
your package is as nice as you can make it, so they don't have to do any
fixing.  Don't be offended if they ignore you or decline - sponsoring *does*
take time (I know, I sponsor a couple of people) and everybody is very busy
these days.  Perseverence will win through in the end.

--
Matthew Palmer, Debian Developer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.debian.org