Kenneth,

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 10:21:45AM -0600, Kenneth Pronovici wrote:
> Should I file a bug against my own package to report the related
> problem, that libxmltv-perl should depend on libhtml-tableextract-perl
> (>=1.08-1), or should I just track this on my own?  I'm thinking it
> would be nice to have a changelog entry:

[...]

Well, the changelog doesn't really matter, as few people ever look at
it. Usually if you change something in the package and note it in the
changelog, you already have a good reason to do so, you need no bug
report for that. OTOH, the BTS can serve as a todo list, which is why I
regularly file bugs against my own packages. This is especially useful
when you hand over the package later and haven't done everything you
wanted to do (for lack of time or sth.), the new maintainer will then
have an idea of what you were up to. Also, users can comment on your
ideas and submit patches.

   Simon

--
GPG Fingerprint: 040E B5F7 84F1 4FBC CEAD  ADC6 18A0 CC8D 5706 A4B4