Jonathan McDowell wrote:
I'm the Debian maintainer for pksd, an OpenPGP keyserver. I've been
asked by upstream if I want to maintain the debian/ directory in the
project's CVS. The RPM .spec file is already done this way. Is there any
good reason not to do this?
I think others have presented good reasons why you may not want to do this.

In the case of xmlsec (to appear in sid shortly) the upstream author wanted to include the debian tree in his source control because he was afraid of the debian maintainer "disappearing", and the work being lost. This is understandable, especially when a package is not yet official.

It turned out he agreed to omit the debian tree from his tarballs at my request, but I also suggested he could just rename the directory to debian_sample. In this way there would be no interference with my work, and he could keep debian_sample loosely synchronized as he saw fit.

-John

--
http:// if l . /