On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:47:57 -0700
Steve Lamb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:42:45 -0400
> David B Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Getting rid of that examination would be very detrimental to Debian as a
> > whole, and will likely result in some very, very unpleasant things
> > happening to the Debian community and to our users at some point.
>
>     Given the personal disposition of some of the developers who made it
> through the process before that was put into place I think there's a strong
> argument that there isn't a direct correlation between someone having
> hissy-fits with other developers and doing something malicious in their
> packages.

Oh, certainly. That's why you need to have seem some of the antics
specifically referred to, or read the mailing list archives - for each
person in question.

(And if you can't find anything from a given person, chances are they
didn't participate at all. Given the amount of responsibility that's
involved in holding a Debian account, I would expect any potential
applicant to make at least some effort to participate in some
discussions, somewhere. Is it worth the risk if they haven't?)