Hi Jakub and all,
        I noticed that openfst 1.5.2-1 [0] is failing to build on mips and
mipsel architectures [1].

You already pointed out that algo_test.cc compilation requires more than 2GB on
i386, and we already set some reasonable limits for parallel builds to cope
with several
possible memory issues.

My understanding of the failure is that there is a 2GB limit per process on
mips architecture. Is it right?

algo_test.cc is used only in the test suite, so I wonder if we can just
workaround the issue by disabling optimization and using "-O0" for that
specific file. Is this a
possible workaround?

I am thinking about adding something like this to rules file:

ifeq (,$(filter nocheck,$(DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS)))
common-build-arch::
        +$(DEB_MAKE_INVOKE) CXXFLAGS="$(CXXFLAGS:-O%=-O0) -std=c++11" -C
src/test  algo_test.o
endif

In the meanwhile I also asked upstream if it is possible to simplify that code,
in order to reduce its memory requirements.

Bests,
Giulio

[0] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/openfst.git/
[1]