Hi

>Get it fixed upstream.

other than that, the manpage issue can be "probably" fixed by
"PYTHONPATH=."
before invoking help2man

and of course using ./bin/codespell.py as argument

oh, and I think manpage generation should be done

in override_dh_installman, not dh_auto_build target.

so, something like

removing the dh_auto_build override

+override_dh_installman:
+       PYTHONPATH=. help2man debian/codespell/usr/bin/codespell.py \
+                       --include debian/codespell.1.include \
+                       --no-info \
+                       --output codespell.1
+       sed -i '/\.SS \"Usage/,+2d' codespell.1
+       dh_installman

should work.

(not sending you a good patch by purpose, sorry!)

also, you need to tell debhelper to install the manpage ;)

man ./codespell.1 seems to return something good to me

G.