On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 11:09 AM, Boyuan Yang wrote:

> 1. Upstream put some *CA certificates* of VeriSign and Thawte inside
> repository and intends to install it into final binary package. I
> don't know how to write copyright information for these files.  What
> should I do to deal with this problem?

I'm not sure, but I expect these certificates are not copyrightable.

> 2. Even though it is a C++/Qt project, upstream is providing a small
> prebuilt .jar file for feature enhancement. The source code for the
> .jar file is provided as well. Does it mean that I should drop
> prebuilt jar file and rebuild it from source code utilizing the
> toolchain of Java during building process?

Yes please. I would suggest that upstream remove it from their source
tarball and VCS and adjust their build system to always build it from
scratch. They can include the pre-built jar in their binary package
downloads and or as a separate download for people who only want to
have to build the C++ parts.

> 3. When adding debian-specific patches, do I have to write
> pseudo-headers for patch diff file?

This would be a good idea but not mandatory, please follow DEP-3 when
adding such headers though.

http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/

--
bye,