On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 12:32 AM, Tobias Frost <t...@debian.org> wrote:

> Control: tags -1 moreinfo
>
> BTW, you're using the tar.gz .. Can you use the tar.bz2 for the
> packaging as it compresses better? This is also the one that is picked
> up by uscan... (Just use uscan --force-download to get a copy and then
> delete the other one)

Done.

> - d/clean: You can use wildcards, eg. it is less fragile if your clean
> games/bin/* instead of the individual files.

Done.

> - you do not need to d/clean condig.(log|status)

Done.

> About the install:
> - there are a few files with *.conf that are going to /usr/share/...
> Are they conf-files that should actually go to /etc/ as a kind of
> system-wide configuration?

They would be game-specific -- the name of the game, ports used, The
tinymux-install script doesn't support it directly, but someone could run
that script multiple time, and rename the resulting tinymux directory to
the um-teen different games they want to run. Each one would need to have
it's own configuration.

> >  - There's no obvious override for the duplicate changelog warning.
>
> The problem is that dh_installchangelogs will pick it up, but you've
> got it also specified in d/docs.

Just removed CHANGES from d/docs.

You shouldn't install the doc INSTALL, as this is not relevant for
> Debian binary packages -- it talks mostly about how to compile etc.
> (README.Debian takes it job appearantly already)

Did not see that one in the d/docs file. There are references to it in
other readme files, but that file itself is not being installed.

> While this explains the why very well (and is too extensive on the what
> (this is will be in the diff) Convention is just to write:
>    * New maintainer. (Closes: #YourITABugNumber)

Let's be fashionable. Changed to reference the bug.

> One thing I noted: NOTES mentions there is a default password. (I guess
> it it a kind of admin password) This is a bad idea, securitywise and
> should be changed.

It is a kind of admin password, the password to the ''god' account within
the game. A bit of tradition buried there (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potrzebie). These mud games were once hosted
in hidden fashion on University boxes, hidden in plain sight. You had to be
smart enough to find the party or deserve an invitation. It's not like that
now.

OK, back to business. I agree that it is a bad idea. A fix would require
that the following lines in netmux.db be changed at install time:

>5
"$SHA1$X0PG0reTn66s$FxO7KKs/CJ+an2rDWgGO4zpo1co="

Or, a command-line option to netmux added that went through the steps of
something else before accepting connections. Both options would need
upstream work. I prefer the second option, but any option would require
upstream work.

None of the game accounts are given any control over the shell account. The
worst #1 should be able to do is delete the database from the inside or
change a configuration option which takes the game down by causing a
divide-by-zero. What worries me more than the initial, default #1 password.
is the UTF-8 state machine that parses input for all users and the fact all
users have access to PCRE globs. I still remember the old telnet bugs, and
PCRE globs are mini-programs, and it isn't hard to tie the game up for an
hour with a carefully chosen ones. We've added CPU limits within the inner
loops in the PCRE code to forestall this, and that's the only reasons why I
use the PCRE statically instead of using it as a library.