On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 03:09:20PM -0200, Carlos Donizete Froes wrote:
> Em sex, 2017-10-20 às 13:41 +0200, Adam Borowski escreveu:
> > Looks like it's wrong:
> > The only point in writing "any-amd64 any-i386" instead of "amd64 i386 x32"
> > (it's pretty unobvious any-amd64 includes x32 but it does) would be to allow
> > non-linux architectures like kfreebsd-* or hurd-*.  But, the build on these
> > failed because of <linux/joystick.h> which make it pretty obvious this
> > version has no support for non-linux.  I don't know whether making it work
> > is a matter of a simple #ifdef or something with more effort.
>
> You are right, I will change the part of the architectures in 'd/control'.
>
> In non-linux architectures, unfortunately I do not know how to solve it
> because
> the joystick will not work in the emulator. :(

The vast majority of computers have no joystick anyway, thus having no
support for it on non-linux architectures is no big deal.

Also, from what I heard, kfreebsd users want it for certain servery
features, not to play games, thus there's probably no pressing need to add
such support.  Sure, it _is_ a defect in the package, but if you have no
knowledge how to fix it, it's better to mark it as unsupported for now.

This would make the Architecture string "amd64 i386 x32" (I just verified
that it works on x32) if it should be x86-only, or "linux-any" otherwise.

> > Also, was the package actually broken on non-x86?  (Beside failing to build
> > on 32-bit ARM because of QT's gles brain damage.)
>
> The emulator uses qt5 with "OpenGL" and in the armel/armhf architectures it
> only
> works in "GLES", for that reason I could not solve this problem.

Many years ago indeed most popular chipsets had only GLES drivers, with no
support for regular GL, but as far as I know, this is no longer true.  I
think QT still tries to use GLES, but I don't really know.

> > When uploading, I assumed the Architecture: line changes came from at least
> > rudimentary testing, but I see this was not the case.  Thus, could you
> > please tell us what was the reason?
>
> The emulator worked fine on the linux architectures, so I put the 'd/control'
> any-amd64 any-i386.

Eh?  I don't understand -- why would you then disable the vast majority of
linux architectures, yet enable all non-linux ones?

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ Laws we want back: Poland, Dz.U. 1921 nr.30 poz.177 (also Dz.U.
⣾⠁⢰⠒⠀⣿⡁ 1920 nr.11 poz.61): Art.2: An official, guilty of accepting a gift