On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 10:42:10AM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
> "Jamin W. Collins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
> > On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 11:51:01PM +0100, Jeremy Lain? wrote:
> >> I can see how it is a Bad Thing to prompt the user for input both in
> >> postinst and in config, but the fact still stands that it's the way
> >> it's done in horde2, and I'm sure there must be a good reason for it!
> >> Any ideas here?
> >
> > Ask it during config, store it in debconf until your through using it in
> > postinst and then clear it from debconf.  It's how I do it in mediamate.
>
> I can't find it right now, but isn't it written somewhere that prompting
> in postinst will be a no-no in future policy releases?

It shouldn't be (I think you're thinking of non-debconf prompting).

Sometimes you have to prompt in the postinst, namely when you need your
package to be unpacked before being able to figure out what the question
should be. I don't know whether that applies in this case, but it does
happen.

--
Colin Watson                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]