Hi all,

I'm looking into the idea of adding a few features for
mentors.debian.net regarding RFS. One of those features would be to
automatically close RFS when packages are removed from mentors.d.n.

As implementing this feature would result in a fairly noticeable change
into the way RFS are closed, I wanted to submit this idea to the list
before getting into it.

Here are a couple of points to explain the motivation for this idea:

1. How it should be done?

On the rfs-howto page [1], we can find:

> After you uploaded a package, please close the bug report by sending a
mail to nnn-d...@bugs.debian.org

Closing a RFS is the responsibility to the DD who uploads the package.

2. How is it done?

From what I've seen, RFS are closed:

- By DDs who upload the packages
- By the packages maintainers
- By people that cleanup RFS from now and then (manually or with scripts)

3. What could be done by mentors.d.n

To ensure a more consistent way of cleaning-up RFS, mentors.d.n could
automatically close RFS upon package removal.

Package removal occurs on specific events, including:

- Package uploaded to the archive
- Package older than 20 weeks
- Manual deletion by its maintainer or an admin

4. How mentors.d.n would close the RFS

Mentors would simply match RFS using mail subject (that includes package
name and version) and send a closing email to the BTS.

Let me know what you think of this feature. Should it be added to
mentors? Did I overlook something? Or simply, does it sound like a bad
idea altogether (hope not :))?

Best,

[1]: https://mentors.debian.net/sponsors/rfs-howto

--