On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 1:53 PM Robin Gustafsson - ro...@rgson.se
<pkgoyq.xpt.7299e97f82.robin#rgson...@ob.0sg.net> wrote:

> Hi Tong Sun,
>
> > I was using `gbp import-orig --sign-tags --uscan` but it seems that
> > `--uscan` cannot be used with `gbp import-orig` under the case of no
> > upstream releases.
>
> I believe it'll work if the debian/watch file is set up such as to
> have uscan download the upstream's git repo. The "direct access to the
> git repository" sections in the uscan manual provides examples of what
> I'm referring to.

Thanks to all who replied.

This is my debian/watch file
(https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-tonistiigi-fsutil/-/blob/debian/sid/debian/watch)

version=4
opts="mode=git, pgpmode=none" \
  https://github.com/tonistiigi/fsutil.git \
  HEAD debian

but when I ran it, I got the following error:

gbp:error: Uscan failed: Filename pattern missing version delimiters
() without filenamemangle

I can't quite interpret what it is telling me, and I didn't find much
on the Internet that fix it.

Searching through
https://people.debian.org/~osamu/uscan.html#direct-access-to-the-git-repository
for KW "Filename", I didn't find much good explanation either.