Control: tags -1 +confirmed

On Sat, 2024-09-07 at 19:33 +0200, Lorenzo wrote:
> Control: tags -1 -moreinfo
>
> Hi Phil,
> thanks for your review:
>
> new version uploaded with a fix in d/copyright,
>
> package overview:
> https://mentors.debian.net/package/mplayer/
>
> dsc:
> dget
> -x
> https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mplayer/mplayer_1.5+svn38638-1.dsc
>
> git:
> https://salsa.debian.org/multimedia-team/mplayer/-/tree/next?ref_type=heads
>
> reply to your review below
>
> On Sat, 07 Sep 2024 13:03:21 +0100
> Phil Wyett <philip.wy...@kathenas.org> wrote:
>

> > 1. Build:
> >
> >   * pbuilder [1]: Good
> >   * sbuild [2]: Good
> >
> > 2. Lintian [3]: Issue
> >
> > I: mplayer: acute-accent-in-manual-page
>
> I'm sorry I'm not committed to fix typos, for this project it takes
> a disproportionate amount of time compared to the gain and I have more
> urgent bugs to fix right now.

Maybe someone who wishes to get into Debian contribution and working with
upstream projects may wish to take up this task. A good way to get involved,
can you hear me on the mentors list? ;-)

> > N:
> > N:   The debian/copyright file mentions Files-Excluded but the source
> > version N:   has no repack suffix.
> > N:
>
> we repack to strip ffmpeg when there is a release, however we are now
> temporary tracking unreleased svn where there is no ffmpeg.

Long time since the last official release. I would do as you are now, i.e.
<MPLAYER_VERSION>+svn<REVISION_NUMBER>'. Never use the release tarballs and
then the 'Files-Excluded: ffmpeg/*' can then be dropped from
'debian/copright'. Repacking can then be also looked at.

Your choice though.

> > 3. Licenses [4]: Issue, possible chance of false positives
> >
> > philwyett@ks-tarkin:~/Development/builder/debian/mentoring/mplayer-
> > 1.5+svn38638$ lrc
> > en: Versions: recon 1.17.1  check 3.3.9-1
> >
> > Parsing Source Tree  ....
> > Reading copyright    ....
> > Running licensecheck ....
> >
> > d/copyright     | licensecheck
> >
> > other-1         | NTP              libass/ass_strtod.c
>
> I think is a false positive (but I'm not expert in license)
> compared to the text in
> https://opensource.org/license/ntp-license-php
> the one in ass_strtod.c is slightly different
> - without fee   -->  with or without fee
> - [missing]  --> and that the name (TrademarkedName) not be used
>   in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of the software
>   without specific, written prior permission

Hmm... I am unsure too, will ket it go as already in the archive.

> > GPL-2+          | LGPL-2.1+        libmpdemux/muxer_avi.h
>
> right, fixed this and another one with the new upload
>

> > 4. Watch file [uscan --force-download]: Issue
> >
> > philwyett@ks-tarkin:~/Development/builder/debian/mentoring/mplayer-
> > 1.5+svn38638$ uscan --force-download
> > Can't exec "svn": No such file or directory at
>
> this is because you don't have subversion package installed in you
> system; however svn is not a requirement to build mplayer so I don't
> think it would be correct to add it to Build-Depends

My bad, missed that one.

Marking as "confirmed". Any issues can be looked at in the future.

Regards

Phil

--

"I play the game for the game’s own sake"

Arthur Conan Doyle - The Adventure of the Bruce-Partington Plans

--

Buy Me A Coffee: https://buymeacoffee.com/kathenasorg

Internet Relay Chat (IRC): kathenas

Matrix: #kathenas:matrix.org