On Tuesday 17 August 2004 04:09, Geert Stappers wrote:

> I'm surprised that your lintian procedures more information then
> mine. According to packages.qa.debian.org is the most recent version
> 1.23.2, I use that version also. The linda program does report also
> the missing manpage, but not the permissions on directories warning.
>
> Which tool do I have to use to make these warnings visible?

I don't know if this is related to what happened in this case, but often
running lintian against the binary package (*.deb) will give different
results than running lintian against the source package (*.dsc) and
changes file (*.changes).

I generally use

$ lintian *.{deb,dsc,changes}

for normal checking, or