Hello,

bplay seems to be in a bad shape. It has numerous bug reports about
endianness/byteswapping problems, which I can't verify, since I only
own x86 hardware.

So I'd like to ask some kind person to take a look at it, try to run
it on your architecture and verify if the bugs are still valid,
possibly even look at the code, but don't send me patches yet; just
hint me on what might be wrong, if you can, so I can fix it myself and
learn a bit more. I've applied other peoples's patches to bplay in the
past and it's probably gotten to a very bad point right now.

I've looked at #267122 and it seems like semaphores are being freed,
but since I have no time or source material to record from using brec,
I can't test it myself. The code seems to do the right thing, though.

(also, when you download bplay's source code, ignore the latest
changelog entry.)

Thanks in advance, people!

Sincerely,
Carlos.