On Tue, Jul 20, 1999 at 08:33:57AM -0700, Darren O. Benham wrote:
> This is the list...

Well, my first questions are:

I have been working with the old package, updating it to the latest
release of freeamp.  I have changed the Standards-Version to 3.0.0
from 2.4.0.  The documentation, which I expected to be installed in
/usr/share/doc/freeamp, is installed into /usr/doc/freeamp.  Is this
normal?

When I run lintian on the resulting package, I get lots of errors such
as:

E: freeamp: unstripped-binary-or-object usr/lib/freeamp/plugins/freeamp-linux.ui
E: freeamp: shlib-with-non-pic-code usr/lib/freeamp/plugins/freeamp-linux.ui
E: freeamp: shlib-with-executable-bit usr/lib/freeamp/plugins/freeamp-linux.ui
0755
E: freeamp: no-shlibs-control-file usr/lib/freeamp/plugins/freeamp-linux.ui

(The ...'s are just the same error repeated for another one of the
plugins.)

What should I do about this?  This was also present in the original
version of the package I am adopting.  Is this really an error, and if
so, what do I change to fix this?

Thanks for any help.

> Please cc all mailing list replies to me, also.

You are using mutt and have the Mail-Followup-To: header set to
debian-mentors@lists.debian.org, which mutt does automatically for you
unless you add "unset followup_to" to your .muttrc.  If mutt (which I
also use) sees this header, it will not cc you, even if I select group
reply to your message.  If you really wish cc's of your reply's, you
should unset this variable.

--
Ian Peters  | GnuPG Key ID 5C23D20C    | "He that breaks a thing to find out
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | E584 2558 FAC3 BEAB EFAC |  what it is has left the path of