Nicolas Lopez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 09:29:17AM +0000, Hereward Cooper wrote:
> > Is there anyway that i can make a dependancy for /proc kernel
> > support?

Currently none. You could file a wishlist bug against kernel-package
that kernels built with it should "Provide: proc-fs" (when .config
contains the right bit). AFAIK all kernel-image-* packages use this,
and would therefor pick this up automatically.

> Um, where are you getting kernels without /proc support? For most
> systems that would be very broken. I beleive, but obviously havn't
> double checked that all Debian kernels have proc enabled.

* Build Linux without CONFIG_PROC_FS=y, or
* Run Debian GNU/Hurd

--
Robbe