I'm starting to package up a tool and have some questions about
'pristine source'.

* The upstream author only distributes as a ZIP file.  Since
  dpkg-buildpackage, dh_make, etc only understand .tar.gz files,
  is it acceptable for me to grab the .zip, unpackage it, create
  a tar.gz and then start the packaging process?  I'm not touching
  the contents of the archive, just the archive format.

* The upstream author also names his releases as packagename-0+5i,
  the previous being packagename-0+4i.  Along the same lines as
  above, is it acceptable to rename the file to packagename-0.5i?

Thanks!

-marc
--
Marc Nozell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         http://www.nozell.com/