Stephen> Also, WTF is with all the "Architecture: all' -java packages
Stephen> that only depend on java-common?  While I guess they're
Stephen> installable without a java runtime on this system, they're a
Stephen> completely unusable in that sate.

I made this point when Ola discussed the java policy.

gcj can compile java bytecode into native code.  So Architecture: all
java libraries can be used for development purposes without an
interpreter.

In theory, at least.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A. I did not vote for Emperor Bush.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087