On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 09:22:51AM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Volker Sturm wrote:
> > if I want to get into software development for Debian: Is it recommended to
> > stay with stable or upgrade to sid?
>
> If you have to ask, stay with stable.  You can use pbuilder to build
> unstable packages.

On a side note - can anyone describe a good way to test such packages
once they're built? I'm running testing and pbuilding against
unstable; with the current libc issue, I can't install my packages.

pbuilder has a login feature that allows me to get a shell inside the
chroot, but I'm not sure how to get my package in there. I can copy it
in from outside, but I belive the location of the chroot changes every
time. It looks like all the hooks get called inside the chroot, so I
suspect that won't work. Is there some other way to handle this
automatically?

-- Brett