On Monday 17 October 2005 21:36, Bastian Venthur wrote:
> Christoph Haas wrote:
> > I suggest you rather use dh_installchangelogs for that. Please see its
> > man page. (That means also removing the debian/docs file.)
>
> The general problem here is, that upstream sometimes provides the
> filenames of optional docs in uppercase. But the policy wants them to be
> lowercase. What would be a more general solution to rename those files?
> If upstream provides a README, should I use dh_installchangelogs as
> well?

You can run dh_installchangelogs with the upstream's changelog file
as an argument. Thus the hint to the man page. :) The CHANGELOG file will
then be moved and renamed automagically. If you would change that final
issue your package would be relatively perfect.

> If the above lines of code (renaming the CHANGELOG to changelog) are
> acceptable, I'd rather have the 1.1.0 solution than using an epoch. In
> the future I'll take more care when creating an .orig.tar.gz.

Agreed.

> Maybe I can convince upstream to change his mind so he removes the "non
> commercial" clause, so a new upstream version will undo this faux pas ;)

The world would be far better without upstreams... ;)

 Christoph
--
~
~