On 2006-09-02 at 19:03:47 +0200, Daniel Baumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Tobias Klauser wrote:
> >> * do not "beautify" previous changelog entries.
> >
> > I didn't change anything to them on purpose.
>
> interdiff says, you have removed a useless whitespace at the end of the
> last changelog entry.

Oops, that must have been my vim macro also cutting it off when I
removing the ones in my part of the changelog. I'll restore it.

> > I was not sure about this one. My idea was to make an upload with as few
> > changes as possible and change to a new CVS snapshot later on. What
> > would you do?
>
> ..directly introduce the new upstream version, saves an upload ;)
>
> > Now if I prepare a new package would I make that -4 and leave the
> > changelog entry for -3 as is or should I adjust it according to the
> > additional changes I made now?
>
> if you're not going directly to the new upstream release/snapshot (which
> would be $something-1 then), don't bump the revision. the package wasn't
> publically available (mentors.d.n doesn't count).

OK. I'll make a package with a new snapshot then. With the benefit that
there needn't be a debian/patches.

Thanks, Tobias

--
  .''`.     Tobias Klauser - Debian enthusiast
 : :'  :    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>