On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 13:18 -0500, Ruben Molina wrote:
> > lintian isn't the be-all and end-all of Debian packaging. Have you built
> > any *working* packages?
>
> Well, I packaged the new version of gts library and used it with gerris
> (both of them, current version package and new upstream snapshot). It
> seems to work fine, but I need more testing.
>
> How can I know what other packages depends on my library for test them
> too?

Depends what you mean - build dependencies:

pdebuild

i.e. try to build the package in a clean chroot where the only packages
installed are ones you will find in a buildd environment.

$ sudo pbuilder create
$ cd /path/to/package-1.2/
$ pdebuild

When it fails, use dpkg -S to find the package that provides the file
that broke the build (look for "No such file or directory").

Reverse dependencies - well if the library does not currently exist in
Debian then it cannot have any reverse dependencies - there cannot be
any packages that depend on a library not already in Debian.

Use apt-cache rdepends foo to find the reverse dependencies of a package
already in Debian.

--

Neil Williams