OoO En ce début de soirée  du vendredi 29 août 2008, vers 21:31, Laurent
Guignard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> disait :

> I would like to package the dhcp_probe software.
> I done several search about this package. It seems the upstream authors
> had modify the source code of the libnet 1.2.1 (already packaged in Debian).
> They have add one function to this library that is in the next release
> of libnet. But this one is alway a Release Candidate library version.

> I would like an advice about the manner to take the problem...

> Do you have any procedure, indications to solve my problem or anything
> else ?

Maybe you can  arrange with libnet maintainer to  upload this RC version
into  experimental.  This will  allow  you  to  package dhcp-probe  into
experimental.

The other  solution would be to  provide yourself a  libnet package with
this modification. However,  this is likely to be  rejected because this
is  just a  more recent  version of  the current  libnet library,  not a
forked one.
--
I AM NOT A LICENSED HAIRSTYLIST
I AM NOT A LICENSED HAIRSTYLIST
I AM NOT A LICENSED HAIRSTYLIST
-+- Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode AABF04