Hi,

Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:

> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/copher/copher_0.1.2-1.dsc

Makefile:
This file is useless, you don't need it, you should drop it.

debian/watch:
> http://qa.debian.org/watch/sf.php/copher copher-(.*).tar.gz debian
Did you know that the first part can be written as http://sf.net/copher ?
Also note that the unquoted dots after the closing parenthesis is actually
interpreted as part of the regex and could actually match anything?

debian/control:
why?

> Architecture: any
> Depends: libwww-mechanize-perl, ${shlibs:Depends}
The perl script is architecture-dependent, isn't it?

>  Copher makes a SourceForge release automatically.  It is useful as part
>  of a build and release system.

This doesn't really tell me much about Copher; I am the admin of a project
at sf.net and that description doesn't tell me it could be useful to me.

>  of a build and release system.  Support for other GForge-based sites is
>  in development.

SF.net is not 'GForge-based', that sentence should be rephrased.

debian/copher.1:

> DESCRIPTION
>        Copher makes a SourceForge release automatically.  It is useful as
part
>        of a build and release system.  Support for other GForge-based
sites is
>        in development.  copher is a program that...

same here, although here it looks worst as it just ends with '...'

debian/rules:
debian/compat:
debian/control:
You build-depend on debhelper 7 but use none of its features? you
should/could use a lower compat level such as 5 instead.

debian/rules:
Please remove the commented commands, do what you do on the Makefile here,
and build the package in binary-indep, not in binary-arch.

debian/dirs:
file is useless, remove it

$ xlintian -I -E copher*changes
W: copher: extra-license-file usr/share/doc/copher/COPYING.gz
I: copher: package-contains-empty-directory usr/sbin/

> Thank you for taking the time to consider sponsoring me.

Cheers,
--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.