On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 01:00:00AM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Patrick Schoenfeld wrote:
> > dbconfig-common is documented fairly well.
>
> I do not agree with this statement. There are dark areas in the doc,
> particularly nowhere, it's telling how to get a root user on MySQL, and
> some packages might need it.

Well, my statement is true for the most usual cases. Obvious it does not
document things it doesn't support. However it would be appropriate to
open a bug report for such cases, wouldn't it?

> Also, it's author never replied to my emails.

Thats unfortunate, but this doesn't seem to me a generic experience,
because I _got_ answers to questions I mailed him.

Best Regards,
Patrick