Hi mentors,

Recently I have invested quite some time to prepare a debdif for
lesstif2 [0] to help the maintainer. Lesstif, which had low threshold
NMU preference set, did not have a regular update in 1.5 years and
definitely could use some attention. In my debdif I solved the following
debian bugs: 396199, 479779, 503361, 314440, 43640, 87745, 356017,
496081 and 330057 by patching the code with patches available from
upstream, Fedora and the BTS. I included the debdif in bug #522157 [1]
on the April 1. I tried already before that date to contact the current
maintainer, but apart from a short conversation on IRC I he doesn't
respond (although he seems present on IRC). In that conversation he was
interested in the debdif.

I also intend to work with upstream (nearly dead by the looks of it, but
I got commit rights) to improve the source code and eventually a new
point release. Unfortunately that will be somewhat slow because I am
unfamiliar with the code.

What are your ideas of how to proceed? Is somebody willing to check the
debdif? Maybe prefer a proper .dsc? Or of course just waiting for the
current maintainer? I would appreciate some visions.

With kind regards,
Paul

[0] OSF/Motif 2.1 implementation released under LGPL