Le Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 11:13:04AM +0800, Jason Heeris a écrit :

> That was a week ago, and I haven't heard back, so my question is: what
> do I do now? (I realise a week isn't *that* long, and possibly doesn't
> qualify the word "can't" in the subject line, but I'd still like to know.)

Dear Jaon,

one week if definitely short, especially in August :) There are many signs of
activity of the maintainer on Launchpad, but not last week; he may simply be in
holidays. Also, you may try his Ubuntu email, maybe you will be more lucky?
Lastly, since the package is updated via sponsoring, you can contact the latest
sponsor – who has the final responsability of this package – if you have
concerns that the package is not maintained anymore.

aqwa『trunk』$ who-uploads soundconverter
Uploads for soundconverter:
1.3.1-1 to unstable: Ana Beatriz Guerrero Lopez <a...@debian.org>

Nevertheless, thank you very much for caring for soundconverter. Ubuntu's
package is up-to-date with the latest upstream version, so you may have a look
at the diff with the Debian package, as well as contact the Ubuntu maintainers
to see if there is possibility of teaming the work.

You can find a link to the diff in the Ubuntu box of the package's QA page:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/soundconverter.html

But all of this hard work only makes sense if the maintainance problem of
soundconverter is solved in the long term. Maybe you can see if a packaging
team, for instance http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia, would like to adopt
it, with you as a maintainer if you would like, of course.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan