On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Thomas Goirand <tho...@goirand.fr> wrote:

>> Sunpinyin have a SCIM front end too, for I don't use SCIM, I cannot test
>> it   simply.

Actually SunPinyin2's SCIM frontend is not ready for use in daily
life. But the SCIM frontend for SunPinyin 1.0 is pretty stable.

> Even though SCIM might soon reach end of life soon as upstream doesn't seem
> very active according to what I could read from others (can't remember where:
> on IRC or in a Debian list, but for sure in Debian) it is still use a lot. So
> I believe it might be a very good idea to also package the SCIM module, also
> because it could well be ported to other platforms (I'm namely thinking about
> Maemo (I'm using my Nokia N900 to write this email...)). Also, I think its a
> shame to package only a part of a program only because you use a part of it.
> Do you think you could as well port the SCIM module? I will test it for you
> (in both Lenny and lucid lynx), and help.

Thomas, I agree with you. After SCIM frontend is ready we can work
with Liang to package it. =)

I will squeeze more time to finish the SCIM frontend to make it happen.

--
Regards
Kov Chai