Hi Jaromil (2011.04.26_10:53:58_+0200)
> compare that with the process of "becoming an Ubuntero" in launchpad,
> which is free software BTW, and the answers will come to surface.

As a Debian and Ubuntu developer I can say that the processes are pretty
similar. Both require review of uploads, and uploads are sponsored by a
Developer with upload permissions. You can gain upload permissions in
both distributions by showing commitment and getting avocations from
developers who've sponsored your work.

Debian requires GPG keys to be integrated into the web of trust. I don't
think this is a bad thing, and can be waived where necessary.

I'd say sponsoring uploads in Ubuntu is more streamlined, and not having
strict maintainership of packages means you are more free to touch
anything.

But answers still aren't coming to the surface for me :)

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/