On 01/14/2012 06:52 PM, fre...@free.fr wrote:
> I would like to know if we must include licenses that are not part of
Linux code, that come with the original tarball.
> Example: a file in upstream source is named `windows_audio_codec.cpp`,
the code from this file is specific for MS Windows and the license only
allows to use the file for free.
> Do I need to include licensing information in debian/copyright ?
When the file is distributed in the source package, yes, then it needs
to be covered in debian/copyright. It does not matter whether this bit
of code is for Windows or Linux. Whether it is being distributed, that
matters. Of course, your package can leave this file out. Teus.