On 2013-09-24 14:38, T o n g wrote:
> Hi,

> The package that I want to pick up has a status:
>
> "The package should be updated to follow the last version of Debian
> Policy (Standards-Version 3.9.4 instead of 3.8.3)".
>
> I never knew the details of Debian Policy before, but did try to read the
> policy from 3.8.4 to 3.9.4, and find it a rather long list with no
> further details. At first, I was trying to find a wiki/blog dedicated to
> upgrading the Debian Policy, failing to find that, now I'm thinking,

I would recommend using the upgrade checklist:
 http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist

> If I can fix all lintian reported issues, it'll be safe to say that I've
> bring the package to the last version of Debian Policy, right?

No. Never[1]:

"""
Lintian is not finished yet and will probably never be. Please don't use
Lintian as a reference for Debian policy. Lintian might miss a lot of
policy violations while it might also report some violations by mistake.
If in doubt, please check out the policy manuals.
"""

> PS. the lintian proposed to me before is:
>
>  lintian --color=always -I -E -i --pedantic
>
> Thanks

~Niels

[1] http://lintian.debian.org/manual/section-1.4.html