On 10/16/2013 11:08 AM, Gert Wollny wrote:

On Wed, 2013-10-16 at 10:36 -0400, The Wanderer wrote:

I can see where this might not be enough to allow adding the
license exception without an explicit statement from upstream, but
at least to my eye, it does seem to contradict the notion that
"upstream did not link against [OpenSSL]".

Maybe upstream never linked the code at all or used a mock
implementation that only provides the openssl interface without
functionality ;)

Upstream provides pre-built Win32 binaries, and the Windows build
instructions are where the OpenSSL prerequisite is stated; it seems
highly likely that those pre-built binaries are linked against OpenSSL.

Your point in the rephrasing is taken, however.

--
   The Wanderer

side of it.

Every time you let somebody set a limit they start moving it.
  - LiveJournal user antonia_tiger